kdevelop not producing ./configure

Jeff Weeks jweeks at mailandnews.com
Fri Jan 4 01:11:49 GMT 2002

Well guys, I've downgraded to autoconf-2.13, but I still can't compile
any project!

Now it's not producing ./configure scripts... I'd give the error
messages, but unfortunately I don't have them on this computer.  Again,
I'm hoping someone's had this problem before... :)

I suspect it has something to do with versions of my other programs:
M4 1.4
Automake 1.5
nsgmls (don't have it!)
aclocal 1.5

Those are the only programs listed in the error messages.  I've used
kdevelop on my laptop (with RedHat 7.2 on it) and it works correctly
with:
M4 1.4.1
Automake 1.4-p5
nsgmls 1.3.4
aclocal 1.4-p5

Is the problem with one of these files?  Should I downgrade all of them
(aside from M4, which would be an upgrade), or is the problem just with
one of them?

Also, was is nsgmls?  Is it essential that I have it, or can I compile
without?

Thanks,
Jeff

ps - I'll try an include the error messages soon... just gotta copy from
computer to computer :)