Various bugs/tweaks

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Feb 21 20:21:47 GMT 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Roland Krause wrote:

Roland,

> Tarjei,
> my guess is that you have no tag file support. If you do then this
> should not happen but you should be presented with a choice of files.
> Otherwise it is a bug, let me know about it and I will fix it so that
> you can either choose or we setup some automagic.

That is correct. After switching on tags, I get a dialog with choices.
This is quite cumbersome however. Actually, pressing F12, getting a list
of choices, grabbing my mouse and double clicking the correct file, is at
least the same work as just grabbing the mouse and selecting the correct
file from the fileview. After all, the point of F12 should be a keyboard
_shortcut_, not a complicated procedure, to jump between
header/implementation files.

So I still vote for some automagic here. If one edits a file called
MyDialog.cpp in a directory, and then presses F12 to jump to MyDialog.h,
who would expect it to jump to MyDialog.h in a completely different
directory?

I don't know about others, but I allways keep the implementation of my
headers in the same directory. If other people have different habbits,
maybe this calls for a vote - or better - a configuration option.

What do you say?

--
Tarjei Knapstad