How to debug custom projects?

gagandgupta at yahoo.com gagandgupta at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 13:30:10 GMT 2002

I have KDevelop 1.4 on my RedHat 7.1. I am able to
create a simple c project and then debug it.

When i create a custom project and write my own c
programs and makefile then also i am able to execute
it. But i am unable to debug the application. When i
press Debug->Start the program runs completely without
stopping at the breakpoint. Kindly tell me how to
achieve debugging facility in custom projects where
makefiles are not generated automatically but written
manualy.

I tried various compiler debugging options but to no
avail

Thanks,
Gagandeep Gupta.