Kdevelop 2.2.2, Debian 3.0 Woody

Falk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Dec 3 13:26:13 GMT 2002

Hi!

> On Monday 02 December 2002 08:37 pm, Amanjit Gill wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am doing a cross-platform project using tmake for the makefiles.
> >
> > I could either use kdevelop or emacs/oo-browser/ddd.
> >
> > Problem with kdevelop: how can i setup a "custom project" and use
> > sourcefiles from a different folder WITHOUT being forced to copy them
> > over to my kdevelop folder ??
> >

> Why not use links?
KDevelop will get confused since some components reveal to absolute
filenames, other ones reveal keep the link filename. That's why it happens that you
get two different views open, both ones showing the same file. Then you'll get
a synchronization problem with both view contents when you change things in
a certain file.
Once I tried the trick with the links but for instance it was a nightmare
when trying to debug such projects since clicks in the call stack view will
open a second view although it should just activate the already opened one.

I didn't test it with Gideon since Gideon-debugging doesn't work with
KDE-3.0.x at all (due a missing implementation in a #if KDE_VERSION code block) but
I can imagine the problem still exists. The debugger source code hasn't
changed much since 2.1.x.

Ciao
F at lk