-W* flags

Timo Kohlberger TimoKohlberger at gmx.de
Fri Aug 9 16:15:45 BST 2002

Kdevelop 2.1.1
KDE 2.2.2-1
Redhat 7.2

Hi,

I got the following problem with compiler flags: Although no warning flags
are selected in "Project->Options->Compiler Options", a bunch of flags are
passed to the compiler:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long
-Wbad-function-cast -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-Wcast-align -Wconversion -fno-builtin -g -O2 -O0 -g3 -W ...

In addition the "-g -O2" are inserted, although -g3 and -O0 is selected in
the options dialog. Due to the manual all flags should be in "makefile.am"
which is not the case with my installation. Didn't found anything also in
configure.in.in and *.kdevprj. Also a "distclean", "automake and autoconf",
"configure" didn't help.

Although I also like shell commands more than mouse clicks but I would
appreciate
if the configuration of my projects could be done using the option dialog
without descending to the hell of
[configure|config|makefile|acinclude|aclocal].[am|in|in.in|m4|h]|automake|autoconf|..
and friends. Is that an illusion?

Sincerely
Timo

--
Dipl.-Inf. Timo Kohlberger
Computer Vision/Graphics & Pattern Recognition Group