cross-dependent libraries

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Thu Aug 8 09:16:42 BST 2002

Hello,

I've come across the following in one of my projects in KDevelop;

The project consists of one executable, using several (static)libraries.
Normally I would create subdirs directly under the project root for these
libraries.
But now one library depends on one of the other libraries.
As far as I can see, the only way to let KDevelop know they
depend on each other, is by putting the second library that is depended on by
the first library, in a subdir under the first libraries subdir.

This does seem natural when library two is only needed by library one,
but the thing is, the executable also uses library two directly.

I have several cross-dependencies between libraries in this project, so I
ended up building a strange tree.
This works, but does not look natural, and it's a pain trying to find where
that one library you're looking for is located.

My question is, is this the only way to create dependencies, or is there
some other way, allowing me to keep all libraries in subdirs under the project
root?

Best regards,

Pieter Grimmerink