windows version, form builders

esp5 at rama.comp.pge.com esp5 at rama.comp.pge.com
Thu Apr 25 04:34:10 BST 2002

hey all,

I may be in the position in the near future to select the tools/technologies to
be used in a large business project - and the first toolsets that came to my
mind were g++ && QT && CVS, with an IDE like KDevelop. However, for the IDE
to be workable:

	1) it would have to be usable both under win2000 and linux, and perhaps
		solaris. The idea is that we would develop the kit for win2000, and
		gradually switch to linux if/when management makes the decision to
		switch.

	2) it would be highly desirable for it to support form building - ie:
		wizards to create common forms, add menus, drop down list boxes, etc,
		and to have *readable* C++ code be created in the process.

In addition, integrated gdb/make support would be nice, as well as being able
to bind vim settings to the editor.

Now, how much of this is already in Kdevelop, how much is planned, and how much
is contrary to Kdevelop's philosophy?

Ed