short&int in kdevelop 2.0???

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Tue Apr 23 15:28:27 BST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, oak_hj wrote:

> hi:
> During our project,i find a strange problem:
> it seems that short = 2 bytes
> while int = 4 bytes,
> and long = 4 bytes???
> but in the standard c,they should be equal!
> it is a bug?

The length of built in types is OS/Compiler dependent. To my knowledge, no
standard dictates the length of these types (where did you hear/read
this?).

When I use short, it's not because I "really need an integer type that can
hold only a short range of values", it's because I "only need a short
ranged integer and want to save some memory".

In any case, this has absolutely nothing to do with KDevelop.

--
Tarjei Knapstad