Urgent! can I use KDE2.2.2's kdevelop with KDE2.2.1 libs on suse 7.2?

Eva Brucherseifer eva at rt.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Apr 22 13:11:46 BST 2002

Hi,

I have an urgent question and it would be great if anybody could help me.

We are having a C/C++-CrashCourse right now and we experience problems with
the creation of C/C++-Projekts - kdevelop crashes and the projects cannot be
opened, because not all strings (such as |TITLE|) have been replace in the
sources. We are running KDE 2.2.1 on suse 7.2.

Unfortunatly updating is no option, since we have a root nfs installation with
special kernel/configuration setup and also I have a special patch in
kdelibs, because the server is an NT server, that doesn't allow ":" in
filenames (unfortunately the dcop server needs this).

So my idea is, that I update kdevelop to the version of KDE2.2.2, but not the
libs.

Does this solve the problem we have with the C/C++ projects? Does KDevelop
work with the different version number of the libs?

I would simply try it, but the setup is rather difficult since I have to move
files by hand and there are about 50 clients involved.

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you,
eva

--
Dijkstra:
"Testing can prove the presence of bugs, but not their absence."