Bug: Curser disappears when switching into Kdevelop

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 23:09:17 BST 2002

Hi Roland!

Roland Pabel wrote:

>On Thursday 18 April 2002 13:46, Roland Pabel wrote:
>
>>On Thursday 18 April 2002 09:09, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
>>
>>>Aha... I misunderstood you, too. :-) Yes, the described behaviour from
>>>above is indead a wrong one. Can you tell us a click sequence that 100%
>>>leads to this situation? Or does it happen only very sometimes?
>>>(Is the caption still correct in such case? Does copy%paste over views
>>>still correctly work then?)
>>>
>Hi again,
>I've finally found a 100% reproducable way to loose the visual cursor :
>1) Kdevelop starts up, all fine
>2) In a class file, I type "this->" and the command-completion window showing
>the classes' methods pops up. I use the cursor keys to select a function and
>press Enter. "this->set_level(". Kdevelop then shows a smaller yellow window
>with the variant list of that method.
>3) I finish that command by keyboard to "this->set_level(i);". Now everything
>is still fine.
>4.) when I now use the Tree-Tool-View to change files, the visual cursor
>disappear, with all the effects I described before. (remember, I can still
>type and stuff, I just don't see where the cursor is...)
>Text selection still works, and copy/paste too (using CTRL+c/CTRL+v).
>Last but now least, I can see the cursor again when I move the mouse out of
>and back in Kdevelops window...
>hope it helps,
>Roland

You are so great! You deserve the KDevelop user price April 2002! :-)
Now I can reproduce that mysterious bug 100% here, too.
First I thought it was due the update to Qt-3.0.3 but the new
code-completion code seems to confuse KDevelop's document-view manager.
Maybe due some hooked event filters - always a tricky story.

Although I haven't got much time these weeks, stay tuned for this
important fix.
Until later
F at lk