KCrash: crashing....

Andrej Trobentar andrej.trobentar at rikom.si
Thu Apr 18 22:31:24 BST 2002

Harald Fernengel wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I thing I have posted a similar messages to this list a couple of days
>>ago and because I didn't get any comments or help about it I'm posting
>>the same problem again. So, when trying to run Kdevelop 2.1 I get the
>>following error :
>

> [...]
>
> the information is useless without a backtrace. Please run kdevelop in "gdb"
> and when it crashes type "bt" to get a backtrace.

I'm sorry that I didn't include this information, but I'm new to
programing and don't know always what to do. Sorry again.

Here's the backtrace :

[root at pimp /root]# gdb /opt/kdevelop-2.1/bin/kdevelop
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /opt/kdevelop-2.1/bin/kdevelop
Qt: gdb: -nograb added to command-line options.
          Use the -dograb option to enforce grabbing.
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
DCOPServer up and running.
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

0x40891928 in KDockWidget::setEnableDocking () from /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.3
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40891928 in KDockWidget::setEnableDocking () from
/usr/lib/libkdeui.so.3
#1  0x40123923 in QextMdiMainFrm::QextMdiMainFrm () from
/opt/kdevelop-2.1/lib/libkdevelopqextmdi.so.2
#2  0x810de19 in CKDevelop::CKDevelop ()
#3  0x811cdf4 in main ()
#4  0x411603dd in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

I hope I did the right thing.

Many thanks for your help!

	Andrej.