*.html files in Header section and other inconveniences in kdevelop 2.1(KDE3)

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Thu Apr 11 10:01:06 BST 2002

Sorry if this was reported before... kdevelop worked quite good lately :-) ,
so I didn't read the mailinglist.

In a newly created c++ project *.html files are part of the project. If I
understand right they are the output of the sgml file (don't use docbook
documentation, since doxygen is better suited to document libraries). Is this
inteded to be like this?

Also the filters of the several file groups (the second tab) work in a strange
way and I am wondering if this is also ment to be like this. What happens is,
that the filter
"*.h" results in adding not only the header files (*.h), but also all files
that are named *.h* like e.g. *.html files.

Both things result in the inconvenience that the index*.html files happen to
be in the Headers section and I found no other way to change this except
removing these files from the project.

Another inconvenience happens with the (otherwise wonderful) code completion.
When I used the code completion the first time, I wanted to click on the
function I wanted to use, but the click is not supported - only "return"
selects a function. Basically this is no big deal since it's better to work
with the keyboard instead of the mouse anyway, but I was quite irritated the
first time :-o

Greetings - and congratulations to a very nice new release :-)))
eva