running a script how??????????

Oliver Strutynski olistrut at gmx.net
Tue Apr 2 20:07:40 BST 2002

> hii
> i am a beginner but not to that degree
> i add a lot of slots and write code in the and test a lot of member
> functions
> but my problem is how to add a code in my new slot to run a specific
> command
> or script on the console.

Have a look at KProcess. The documentation contains an example on how to use
this class. (Not sure if there were changes to KProcess in KDE
3).

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/2.2-api/classref/kdecore/KProcess.html

I remember having some problems when using KProcess the first time. I think
you have to pass in the application name at once (only one << operator) and
each command line argument via an additional << operator.

Hope this helps.

Oliver