Problem with debugger

Marco Keuthen marco at keuthen.net
Tue Sep 25 14:36:34 BST 2001

Hi,

I have a problem with the KDev debugger.
I am running KDev in the august version (2.2 ?) KDE is version 2.2 (august)
The complete system runs under Suse 7.2

Often the debugger missbehaves compleately:
- single step moves back and foreward in the code
- debugging into functions doesn't work properly
- sometimes after debugging the editor does not allow to type in text (only
restart of KDev helps) (Yes, I stopped debugging, but I cannot edit :-) )

The project is quite large and I use exception handling.
I.E. if the first line of code after int main (...
is "try... " debugging doesn't work at all!

Has anyone has the same strange behaviour?
Does an update to KDE 2.2.1 and the newer KDev (2.2.1 ?) fixes this?

Tschuess, Marco