Can't compile KDevelop cvs KDE_2_2_BRANCH (19.09.2001)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 23:27:33 BST 2001

Hi,

"Anno v. Heimburg" wrote:

> Am Wednesday 19 September 2001 21:53 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Check if your /usr/lib/qt2 directory contains sources of an older
> > (incompatible) QextMDI version < 2.0.0. Since the compiler first looks
> > in -I/usr/lib/qt2, it might be the reason for your problem. If so,
> > remove them from your Qt directory.
>
> Yupp, that was it. Thanks for the spontaneous response.
>
> General question: Are there any other apps using qextmdi, so deleting these
> files might break their compiles (only renamed now)? If yes, does kdevelop
> install the new qextmdi includes in /usr/lib/qt2/include?
No. KDevelop uses its own copy of QextMDI to be independent of
incompatible versions. Hmm...actually, I remember that Walter Tasin once
fixed the order of include pathes in KDevelop's Makefiles in a way that
a KDevelop compiling action first looks in
kdevelop/kdevelop/widgets/qextmdi/include and _after_ that in
$QTDIR/include.
But it seems it doesn't work any more. :-(

Is there anyone who is able to fix that? I'm not a guru of Makefile.am
stuff...

Anno, That should prevent clashes with qextmdi sources installed in
QTDIR.

Ciao,
F at lk