How to compile qt programs statically?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Sep 17 15:24:28 BST 2001

On Sonntag, 16. September 2001 11:54, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, I compile qt 2.3.1 in /usr/local/qt with ./configure
> -static. Then I set QTDIR=/usr/local/qt and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib.
>
> I can see that the examples in qt source dir is compiled as
> static(big size). But the problem is how to compile my
> programs as static?
>
> What should be done to tmake or in kdevelop?
For tmake that is quite easy with the templates. Just have a look at the
tmake documentation coming with it, there's easy examples in it for static
application linking.

As far as KDevelop goes, just run configure again from the menu and pass
--enable-static in the dialog for the configure options. The Makefiles will
then be build to link to libqt.a statically.

Ralf

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> your-email-address

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org