No subject

Cihan Esen esencihan at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 09:40:53 BST 2001

Hi,

i did your suggestions, KDevelop still gives me the same message.
First of all, i didn't have any .xsession file in my home dir, i created them and put
lines as you told, when i started kde, i looked up the processes, there were no ssh-agent
process. Then i logged out from kde and I tried to run the .xsession file, it couldn't
start kde.

>Greetings,
>
>    First and foremost I want to thank those who have given their condolences and such
>for those whose
>lives have been devastated by the recent attacks on the US.
>
>    As for your ssh problems, I recommend this. Set up your agent when you originally
>log in. In this
>manner, all ssh interactions will subsequently use the agent, and not have the need to
>prompt you for
>your passphrase. Attached is two files which I use to accomplish this. Install them in
>your home
>directory under the names .xsession and .xsession.real
>
>Take care,
>Steven Suson
>"Keep the faith."
>

>Cihan Esen wrote:
>>
>> Hi, i still couldn't solve the error
>> "You have no controlling tty. Cannot read passphrase"
>>
>> After some suggestions, i ran "eval ssh-agent", set the required variables, then ran
>> "ssh-add" with a result as "Identity added.." and so on.
>>
>> Problem didn't dissappeared. I ran "ps x", and i saw that in the tty column of
>ssh-agent
>> process there is a "?". Shouldn't it be a tty?
>>
>> By the way, my /dev/tty attributes are all set to 0666 and ssh_config and sshd_config
>> files in client and server are configured properly.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> =====
>> Cihan

>["xsession" (text/plain)]
>
>exec ssh-agent2 ./.xsession.real
>
>["xsession.real" (text/plain)]
>
>ssh-add2 $HOME/.ssh2/id_dsa_1024_a </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1
>exec startkde

=====
Cihan