Crash when parsing .ui files (again...)

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Mon Sep 10 11:37:27 BST 2001

I think similar problems have been posted before:
I was reorganizing my projects filestructure today, and did as I allways
do when moving .ui files - move my .ui file to ui.bak, add a new .ui file
with the same name as the original, and them move my backup on top of
this. Well, didn't work this time around... Remove the file from the
project and all is fine.

gdb:
ASSERT: "lexem == '}'" in ClassParser.cc (418)
input buffer overflow, can't enlarge buffer because scanner uses REJECT

strace reports the same, but the strange thing is that it's not the file
mentioned above that causes it, but some other .ui file that I haven't
touched for months... This widget has a large pixmap, and KDevelop dies
when attempting to parse this string.

Any workarounds?

--
Tarjei Knapstad