htdig w/ 1.4 vs. 2.0

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Sep 8 00:32:35 BST 2001

On Freitag, 7. September 2001 02:18, you wrote:

Well, did you generate the search index as root ? It is supposed to do that
system-wide (that's how we do it generally), so you once run kdevelop as
root, let it generate the search index and you're done during the setup and
it is supposed to work for all your users on the machine.

However, if your attempts still fail, I suppose it would be best to get
glimpse (version as advised in the manual, newer ones seem to cause problems)
for now to not mess around too long if you're in a hurry for your project.

Ralf