same old Make issue

nico dufort ndufort at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 21 22:43:37 BST 2001

Hi there,

  I feel bad about asking but even after reading thru the forum and mailing
list archives, I could not find an answer.

  Here is my situation:  I'm running RH7.1, and Kdevelop 2.0.
I have been compiling code for school using good old vi as my editor and
running make from my shell.  But I recently decided to move to kdevelop to
see how it could improve my work.
  Unfortunatly, being a total newbie to the programming world, I can't get
kdevelop to use my makefile properly.  I created a new project within kdev.
and opened a simple OpenGL code and tried to use the Makefile that came with
Mesa.  However, I can't get it to work.  The Makefile is in the same
directory as my code.  When I try to run Make, it get this in the console:

make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
*** failed ***

  Could someone help me setting up Kdevelop to do this properly.  I have
spent my full day on it and can't do anything.  I might go back to good old
vi and my shell.

  Thanks for your time and understanding.
  Nico