dependant libraries and autoconf/automake

Shaun Jackman sjackman at home.com
Sun Oct 14 03:01:58 BST 2001

Will kdevelop generate the scripts to check if the libraries my project
depends on are installed, and define HAVE_* if they are?

My project is dependant on -lnjb and -lusb. libnjb's header file gives me
trouble if HAVE_LIBUSB isn't defined.

As a workaround, I tried defining -DHAVE_LIBUSB to the compiler "Additional
options" field, then went through the autoconf/automake procedure, but it
doesn't seem to have propogated to the necessary Makefiles. Has anyone else
had this problem?

Thanks,
Shaun