kdevelop speed drop

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 19:12:14 BST 2001

Hi,

"F at lk Brettschneider" wrote:

> Dieter Mummenschanz wrote:
> >
> > I´ve experienced a remarkable "speed drop" in kdevelop 1.4 and 2.0beta.
> > It seems that some actions like pull down menus in kdevelop have a high
> > latency.
> > Example: I click on "file" and the menu pops up about 2 seconds later.
--> Fixed in CVS now! <--

The reason was:
Wandering through the main menu trigger FocusIn and FocusOut events to
the currently active view due the up-popping menus. It was KWriteView
and not QextMdiChildView as I've thought until today. I inserted the
if-statement (see below) in the focusInEvent handler routine and now
it's working well.

I think it's a Qt bug...Such focus behaviour makes no sense to me.

void KWriteView::focusInEvent(QFocusEvent *e) {
   // every widget get a focusInEvent when a popup menu is opened!?! ->
maybe bug of QT
   if (e && ((e->reason())==QFocusEvent::Popup)) {
      return;
   }

Ciao,
F at lk

P.S.: Now you don't need to exchange your 386's with GHz machines any
more ;-)