Small Class Browser bug

Martijn Klingens mklingens at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 16:06:45 BST 2001

Hi,

When opening an older project in KDevelop 2.0 (CVS from this morning) I
noticed that the class browser tree made a little mistake with two variables.
I have the following in my cpp file:

static QTextStream cerr( stderr, IO_WriteOnly );
static QTextStream cout( stdout, IO_WriteOnly );

This is outside any class or function declaration - it's a global variable
that is known only to this unit (hence the static). I don't know if making it
a class member would display it correctly (i.e. as variable instead of
function), but with the above syntax KDevelop thinks it's a function
prototype.

I don't know how this can be solved, since the syntax is almost identical to
a function prototype. Of course I use variables instead of types between the
brackets, but I'm quite sure KDevelop is not able to detect that.

This problem is not even remotely critical for me, but _if_ it is easy to
solve and one of the kdev hackers has a few minutes to spare he might want to
know about this one ;-) It doesn't seem to be a duplicate, but I didn't look
very hard, apologies if it is already a known issue.

Martijn

PS: Please CC replies, I'm not subscribed to this list

PPS: Keep up the great work on kdevelop!