Best KDE development tools... help... Borland Kylix?

Eva Brucherseifer eva at rt.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 27 11:52:15 BST 2001

another story about IDEs...

At my job some time ago I bought the ide SNIFF, that is available for
variaous platforms. I mainly got it because of the excelent tools for code
analysis. It not only has inheritance trees (clickable and reducable to
subtrees!), but also class dependencies like (method called by.. , method
calls...).

The problem with all this was in the end, that SNIFF is very complex, esp.
the project management. So I started some small C++ projects in kdevelop for
testing things and ended up coding everything there. :-)  KDevelop is much
more simple and intuitive than this 3000 Euro cross-platform IDE licence and
the best about it is the very good project management!

Greetings,
eva