kdevelop speed drop

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Thu May 17 23:19:19 BST 2001

Hi,

Our kwrite is heavily modified from the original kwrite sources, and actually
deviated from kwrite before kdevelop1.0 (or was that 1.1?) was released.
Couple that to kate's changes (Waldos' buffer enhancements, plus a great deal
of other changes)  means that the code bases are entirely different.

kdevelop's kwrite is (was?) marginally slower in loading that the current
kate, but faster in unloading modified files. This may have changed, of
course...

After this version our kwrite will be dropped, as the kdevelop3.0 sources
will replace kdevelop2.0...

jbb