kdevelop speed drop

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Wed May 16 20:27:27 BST 2001

Over here I am working on a linux box with an networked home dir on an
solaris server and I have the same problems. Sometimes it simply hangs.  I
think it's the automounter implementation combined with network load. We have
10Mb/s and BNC, so that happens quite often :-(
On some machines there are hard mounted directories. Unfortunately there is
no background option for linux mount implemented so that high network load
makes the whole KDE freeze for seconds.

Greetings,
eva