Kdevelop 2.0? (was: compiling the latest CVS snapshot....)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 07:09:29 BST 2001

Hi Dieter,

After calling "make" you have got a binary in your local project
directory (where you compiled the KDevelop sources). It is called
"kdevelop" and located in:
  ...../kdevelop/kdevelop/.lib

The command "make install" means to publish the local result of your
compiling to the whole Linux installed on your computer. The script
copies the binary "kdevelop", the belonging dynamic libraries
(libkdevelopkwrite.so, libkdevelopprint.so, etc.), the documentation
files (manual, handbooks, etc.) and the ressource files (lots of icon
files, mime type files, etc.) to your global KDE directory. For
instance, on SuSE-Linux, it copies:
  kdevelop --> /opt/kde2/bin
  *.so --> /opt/kde2/lib
  docu stuff --> /opt/kde2/doc/...