Bug: cannot 'make' (F8) an ordinary project with actual cvs-version

Christoph Tapler taps at sbox.tugraz.at
Fri May 11 12:44:16 BST 2001

When I generate an ordinary project (KDE2 app) the first
compilation works fine. But when I change any setting (for example if I check
a new library) in the project settings ,the proceeding compilation (F8)
fails, respectively the compilation ends up in a infinite loop.
One can see a lot of messages in the messages-window.
The following is a small part of the output in the message-window:
(I've written off a few lines):
---------------message  output---------------------------
Reading makefile...
Reading makefile '/home/taps/develop/kdownloader/Makefile'...
Updating makefiles...
 Considering target file '/home/taps/develop/kdownloader/Makefile'
  Looking for an implicit fule for '/home/taps/develop/kdownloader/Makfile'.
  Trying pattern rule with stem 'Makefile'
Updating goal targets...
Considering target file 'all'.
  File 'all' doesn't exist.
  Considering target file 'all-redirect'.
  File 'all-redirect' does not exist.
  Considering target file 'all-recursive-am'.
  File 'all-recursive-am' does not exist.
  Considering target file 'config.h'
    Considering target file 'stamp-h'
        LooChild access: user 500(real 500), group 500(real 500)
king for an implicit rule for 'configure.in.in'.
    Trying pattern rule with stem 'configure.in.in'
<continues (probably) infinitely>
---------------message  output---------------------------

When I perform the "make" - command in the console all the things are working
fine...

My configuration:

- qt 2.3.0
- red hat 7.0

P.S. Is it possible to redirect the message window to a file
  because I cannot copy and paste the output of the message in
  kwrite because it isn't possible to halt kdevelop after pressing
  F8 (when it is in a indefinte loop)?

--
thanks in advance
Christoph Tapler