bugs about parsing classes + some other complaints :)

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Wed May 9 10:03:51 BST 2001

Petar.Teodosin at nokia.com wrote:

> 2)
> Sometimes, even after "Save All" the class view pane does not get refreshed.
> If I close the project and open it again, then it gets refreshed.

There's a "Refresh" button in the "View" menu. I think it refreshes
everything (at least the Files pane - that's the one I use the most)

The most annoying thing I've encountered so far is the file tree
collapse every time you commit a file to CVS or do anything else in the
Files pane, especially since you can't do multiple selections. Is this
being fixed?

Features I miss:
1. Some CVS indicators like those in Cervisia indicating if the file is
locally modified, removed, has conflicts etc.

2. Being able to compile a module within the project. Currently I go to
a shell and enter project subdirs and type 'make' to check if the
individual libraries build.

3. Is there any kind of "Team development" support planned for KDevelop?
We're two people working on a large project here, and it's a constant
nuisance (to put it mildly) to have to hack the .kdevprj file. It's in
CVS but has constant conflicts due to the filenames for each module
being listed on a single line etc.

4. Well, this is basically the users bad, but....: Would it be possible
to add some kind of "Project file cleanup". If you delete some files in
the project in a shell, and forget to "remove from project" first, it is
left in .kdevprj, and of course inserted into Makefile.am's when it's
not supposed to, which again leads to the KDevelop
"please-edit-the-.kdevprj-file-yourself" syndrome.

5. (small one). If i compile and it spits errors at me, and I press the
error in the dialog window I'm taken directly to the correct line in the
correct file. Would it be possible to make that file the selected one in
the "Files pane"? It sometimes confuses me as to which file I'm really
editing...Some filename that occured in the compilation log, or the file
which is selected in the Files pane?

Well, there's my 2 cents. Thanks for a great IDE.

--
Tarjei
tarjeik at chemcon.no

"No-one knows the reason for all this,