2 bugs in kdevelop (solution for the 2nd bug)

Eric Klumpp eric.klumpp at emailforever.com
Wed May 9 07:05:32 BST 2001

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you all for your help.
>> Juergen sent me his script and now it works.
>>
>> Finally I had to unset LANG and LC_MESSAGES, but in the script of
>> Juergen and not in the console !
>> I don't know enough about scripts to understand the difference, but it
>> works !
>

> For others with this problem could you post the script. It should only be a
> few lines I would think.

Of course I can !
I suppose it doesn't matter Juergen that I give the source of his script :

<

#! /bin/bash

if [ ! -d ~/.kdevelop-doc -a -x /usr/bin/htdig ]; then
	# First start - prepare for doc generation
	mkdir -p ~/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/tools
	sed -e "s|@HOME@|$HOME|" <mailto:s|@HOME@|$HOME|> /usr/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/htdig.conf >~/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/htdig.conf
	mkdir -p ~/.kdevelop-doc
fi

if [ -f /etc/profile.d/kde.sh ] ; then
    KDEDIR="" && source /etc/profile.d/kde.sh
fi
if [ -f /etc/profile.d/qt.sh ] ; then
    QTDIR="" && source /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
fi

unset LANG
exec $KDEDIR/bin/kdevelop-1.4.1 $*

I use the mandrake 8.0 and I use the package of kdevelop 1.4.1 given with.
I had to modify a part of this script. Perhaps is there other things to
modify, but it works. My script is :

<

#! /bin/bash

if [ ! -d ~/.kdevelop-doc -a -x /usr/bin/htdig ]; then
	# First start - prepare for doc generation
	mkdir -p ~/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/tools
	sed -e "s|@HOME@|$HOME|" <mailto:s|@HOME@|$HOME|> /usr/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/htdig.conf >~/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/htdig.conf
	mkdir -p ~/.kdevelop-doc
fi

if [ -f /etc/profile.d/kde.sh ] ; then
    KDEDIR="" && source /etc/profile.d/kde.sh
fi
if [ -f /etc/profile.d/qt.sh ] ; then
    QTDIR="" && source /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
fi