2 bugs in kdevelop

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Mon May 7 23:33:57 BST 2001

> If I have well understand, the error comes from my language setting. I
> tried to set the country US and langage US in KDE (without restarting
> KDE) and then launching kdevelop. I have the same problem. Then I tried
> with country GB and language US, same problem.

Yes - the problem is that the messages from make/gcc are not in english which
we need to build the proper directory. Perhaps they could be translatable but
they the translator would have to exactly match the string which
unfortunately is error prone.

Hmm - thinking about this, do you have trouble debugging?

>From the bash manpage

LANG   Used to determine the locale category for any cate­
              gory  not  specifically  selected  with  a variable
              starting with LC_.

LC_ALL This variable overrides the value of LANG  and  any
              other LC_ variable specifying a locale category.

perhaps try
export LC_ALL=en

At this point I'm guessing. Perhaps someone who understands the language
settings could speak up...

jbb