Developing Proprietary Software with KDevelop

Eric Sorensen esorensen at arcormail.de
Mon May 7 00:05:31 BST 2001

Am Monday 07 May 2001 06:36 pm schrieben Sie:
> I currently own a copy of Kylix and let me tell you what it smokes anything
> else on linux. I have tried everything else but Kylix absolutley delivers
> no questions asked. Rock solid and compiles in a blink of a eye. I has very
> good cross platform capabilities as long as you write with cross platform
> in mind.
>
> Cliff

Are you programing database applications? Have you tried the crossplatform
capabilities?

I have heard of some complaints regarding the IDE.   One is that the dropdown
for code completion is not alphabetically listed (leads to much confusion).
Another is Pascal's lack of constructor / destructor methods.  Another is the
inability to overload functions.  Another is the weak help system.  And those
are just the complaints that I remember off hand.

The database connectivity is of special interest to me.  Any comments there.
Does one need the server edition to effectively programm MySql applications.
The big question there is if the lack of Apachie (and TCP/IP ??? ) support is
an issue.  If there is no TCP/IP and or Socket support in the non-server
version than one can safely say that Borland has only one serious release of
Klyx and all other distributions are a total joke.  Who can program today
without TCP/IP ?  Who has $2000 laying around - extra ?

Eric Sorensen