Configure check for libtiff

mh crapsite at gmx.net
Sat May 5 15:16:11 BST 2001

Hi,
could someone please help me with the folllowing problem?

I've implemented a TIFF image reader/writer. Now I want to check, whether
libtiff is installed. I've actually thought that I could simply add the line

AC_REQUIRE([AC_FIND_TIFF])

to configure.in.
The check for libtiff works, however, my config.h.in and config.h look a bit
strange afterwards.

In config.h.in

/* Define if you have libtiff */
#undef HAVE_LIBTIFF

/* Define if you have libtiff */
#undef HAVE_LIBTIFF

and config.h

/* Define if you have libtiff */
#define HAVE_LIBTIFF 1

/* Define if you have libtiff */
#define HAVE_LIBTIFF 1

Can someone tell me, why these lines appear twice (or what I'm doing wrong)?
I'm (still) using KDevelop 1.3 on SuSE 7.0.

Thanks
Michael

Btw if I use a tarball generated by KDevelop, and add the configure check there,
everything works like expected.