compilation problem

Eric Klumpp eric.klumpp at emailforever.com
Thu May 3 17:34:02 BST 2001

> This is your bug, just make it a pointer to a const char and your problem
> will go away. Remember that 'const char *s ' is not the same as a 'char *
> const s' so you can change the value of s.

With the older version of the compiler I just had a warning for this,
and not an error, and I always have do it so.

Ok, now it works, an other one gave me the solution, I must do
explicitely a transtypage : "s=(char *)txt"

I have tried with your solution : "char * const s;"
First I must initialize this const, but never mind, then I can't change
the value s by "s=txt" or "s=(char * const)txt" because s is read-only.
What have you mean when you said that I can change the value of s ? The
value of the pointer or the value of the string ? In fact what interest
me is that s can change the pointer value but not the caracter value

Eric