Saving Data

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Thu May 3 07:22:54 BST 2001

On Mittwoch,  2. Mai 2001 22:16 Walid BACHA wrote / Am Mittwoch,  2. Mai 2001
22:16 schrieb Walid BACHA:
> Hi,
>
> I am recently developing a scientific application with Kdevlop. Actually
> the amount of data the application is dealing with has increased, so that I
> am thinking to define an application specific File-Format. Could anyone
> help me to find a good introduction to this topic. Until now I read the
> documentation of  QFile, QTextStream and QDataStream but I think isn't
> sufficient. At least not for me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Walid

Hi Walid,

I don't know anything about the structure of your data.
If the data has some diverse structure (like a HTLM-page) using XML is
allways a good choice because it is flexible and open to further extensions
without getting incompatible. There are good encoders available and if you
are interrested I can give you an encoder class I've written for my projects.
But this is all depending on the nature of your data.

-Werner -

                    ALC Computertechnik GmbH

        \_       \_          \_\_\_     Kaiserstr. 100
       \_\_      \_        \_           D-52134 Herzogenrath
      \_  \_     \_        \_           Germany
     \_\_\_\_    \_        \_           Fon +49 2407 95810
    \_      \_   \_        \_           Fax +49 2407 958139
   Werner Modenbach                     modenbach at alc.de