how to create a i18n file in an apps which has none with kdev ?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed May 2 09:51:10 BST 2001

Girard Henri wrote:

> Hello :)
> I would like to make a pot dir in an apps which has
> none .. How can I do it ?
> thanks,
> Henri

Supposedly generating from a template and move the po-dir ? It's just
the Makefile.am interesting, it has something like PO_FILES=AUTO in it.
It depends though if you're using a Qt-only app or a KDE-app. In case of
a KDE-app you'll need to have the admin/ dir in your project and the
according rules make messages in your Makefile.am of the project. For
qt-only apps you'll need to have the project type set correctly. The ui
files of designer have to be listed in a seperate INTERFACES line so
lupdate processes the ui files into the .ts files for processing with
the Qt Linguist (the prerelease from TT has an error with that anyway,
if someone is interested I have a patch for that).

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org