kdevelop does not function under Mandrake 8.0

Phil phil at spiderweb.com.au
Tue May 1 01:21:39 BST 2001

Hello all,

I imagine that the following errors all have a common cause. Perhaps the
location of critical files has changed. Anyway, here are the error messages.

1. If I try to create a new project I get this error:
No acceptable cc found in $PATH.

2. If I try to compile an existing project that previously compiled OK under
Mandrake 7.2 I get this error:
/bin/sh: g++: command not found
gmake: *** [main.o] Error 127
*** failed ***

g++ is in /usr/bin

3. If I try to execute an application this was previously compiled under
Mandrake 7.2 I get this error:
./mastermind: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3:
cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory.

The library does exist and is part of the egcs-c++ package.

Can anyone help?

--
Regards,
Phil