Need HELP!!

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 07:02:31 BST 2001

Hi Esteban,

Esteban Villeda wrote:

> Dear folks: I just downloaded KDE 2.1 which includes KDevelop 1.4.
> When I try to install it on my Mandrake 7.2 PC I get an error of
> unsatisfied dependencies.  I could resolve the most of them, but not
> the last one called "libkdefakes.so.3", and I can't find it anywhere.
> Could anybody help me with this problem.  Thank you folks!!! Esteban

I got such an error when I forgot to add the KDE2 path  ("/opt/kde2" on
SuSE Linux) to the global settings file "/etc/ld.so.conf".

See this:
falk at pc9:~ > locate libkdefakes
/opt/kde2-cvs/lib/libkdefakes.la
/opt/kde2-cvs/lib/libkdefakes.so
/opt/kde2-cvs/lib/libkdefakes.so.0
/opt/kde2-cvs/lib/libkdefakes.so.0.0.0
/opt/kde2-cvs/lib/libkdefakes.so.3
/opt/kde2-cvs/lib/libkdefakes.so.3.0.0
falk at pc9:~ >

You see libkdefakes.so does exist. That's why it seems, your operating
system is simply unable to find the KDE libraries. As said above the
reason is often that you forgot to make the KDE library path known to
your Linux.

Ciao,
F at lk