project file

Michael Speck kulkanie at gmx.net
Tue Mar 27 15:28:51 BST 2001

Hi,

I'm using KDevelop and I encountered a problem:

I've created a project and worked on it. Then I decided to change the
projects name and therefore the directory's name as well:

structure:
projectname (dir)
GNU stuff, configure stuff, project file etc
 ->projectname (dir)
 sources

I changed both directory names from projectname to projectname2 and
applied the changes in the project file.
But if I try to load this project file nothing happens... it is treated
like an empty one. If I use the old project file and change various
[projectname/source.c] entries he simply changes them back to the wrong
non-existent directory without telling me anything???
So my question is: How do I get it to accept these changes and where
does it get these wrong information from ? Does it check the project
file for 'errors' and correct them automatically? If it does so it
should tell the user something about it, shouldn't it?

Anyway, in spite of this problem KDevelop is great! Especially when you
start working with Linux and don't know nothing about Makefiles and
stuff it helps you lot. And the integrated debugger is A+!
Keep up the good work!

best regards,
Michael Speck