Suggestion

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 17:42:15 GMT 2001

Hi Rui
> 	My personal email is rui.santos at esoterica.pt so maybe we can exchange
some > other info without imposing so much on the mailing list (I don't know if
> this is considered off topic or not).

On topic I believe - Ralf Nolden is keen to get extra languages added for
KDevelop 3.0 (see his recent KDevelop 2001 road map post). Perhaps we might
discuss ideas here, and implementations over on the kdevelop-devel list.

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> >I agree - I'm adding Java and Objective-C support to KDevelop 3.0 - it
> should
> >be ready to check in soon. I'm not doing any AWT/Swing templates, my
> interest is
> >in Qt and KDE Koala Java programming instead - so someone else might like
> to do
> >a Swing project template.

> 	Full support or just editing... in any case I would be interest in helping
> out... and maybe even sketching some others languages like Perl and JSP for
> example.
At first just editing, I have the Java and Objective-C class browsers working
now - just being able to find my way around large amounts of code is useful to
me. The next thing to be done is getting Java working with automake,
various code generation bits and pieces (eg new class menu option), then a
visual front end to jdb (perhaps derived from John Birch's code for a gdb front
end).

Objective-C uses a patched gdb as a debugger, so that is easier to complete as
it can use the existing KDevelop debugger.

Note that KDevelop 3.0 is at a a quite early stage. I've had some fun (?) with
automake/autoconf and KParts today, they're great when they 'just work', but
otherwise phew!. I'm getting near to commiting it this evening or tomorrow
morning. When it will build again in the CVS though I don't know - sorry guys -
TIA if anyone can help me sort that out.

-- Richard