QtDesigner - stupid programmer question

Richard Moore rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 16:37:16 GMT 2001

Matthew Singer wrote:

> I'm moving an app from KDE1 to KDE2.  I have a dialog as the main view
> within
> a KTMainWindow.  Were previously I had a setView(dialogWidget). I now
> have setCentralWidget(dialogWidget). This of course from withing the app
> widget.
> Now, my dialog is a popup rather than embedded within the main window.
> How do get it embedded again?

Make your 'dialog' a QWidget subclass instead of a QDialog
subclass. QDialogs shouldn't be embedded in the way you describe.
The parent of a dialog is used to decide where it should be
placed (and when it is destroyed) not its position in the widget
hierarchy.

If you need to use the widget in a dialog as well you can simply
instert your widget into an empty dialog.

Rich.

     Richard Moore		rich at ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://developer.kde.org/	rich at kde.org