BUG in KDevelop 1_4 - Branch / Date: 20010319

Christoph Tapler taps at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Mon Mar 19 13:35:04 GMT 2001

Hello,

If I start kdevelop and press F9 to execute (an possibly compile) a program,
kdevelop crashes. I've searched the source where the problem occurs, and I
believe I have found the code responsible for this crash:

Can be found in the method CKDevelop::slotFileSaveAll() in file ckdevelop.cpp:

  if (currentDocType == BROWSER)
    {
      debug("view ! \n");
      // <MODIFIED by TAPS>
      ASSERT(m_docViewManager != NULL);
      ASSERT(m_docViewManager->currentBrowserView() != NULL);
      ASSERT(m_docViewManager->currentBrowserView()->parentWidget() != NULL);
      debug("activate BrowserView \n");
      // </MODIFIED by TAPS>
      activateView( (QextMdiChildView*)
m_docViewManager->currentBrowserView()->parentWidget());
    }

The lines within the comments are ASSERTS which print out the location of the
problem.

After execution of kdevelop it stops because the following assertion occured:
ASSERT: "m_docViewManager->currentBrowserView() != NULL" in ckdevelop.cpp
(304)

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the source-code of kdevelop.
Therefore I cannot offer a patch...

However ... I hope it helps...

--
Christoph Tapler