Fetching stdout...How?

Juergen Suessmaier juergen at suessmaier.de
Sun Mar 18 07:49:59 GMT 2001

Hi Francesco,

take a look at the KProcess class documentation. KProcess provides signals
(receivedStdout, receivedStderr) for doing exactly the stuff you need.

Regards,
Juergen

> I'm planning to build a so called front end to some shell commands.
> Browsing QT and KDE docs I've found how to run external commands but how to
> read their stdout and stderr??
> For instance assume I run ping with a button and I want to display its
> results in a kde window...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Francesco
J. Süßmaier Systementwicklungen
Jürgen Süßmaier
juergen at suessmaier.de                       Realtime Software Development
Katharina Geisler Str. 14                       Embedded Applications
D-85356 Freising                                     Automation
Germany