OT - were to announce

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 17:27:01 GMT 2001

Meinhard Ritscher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry for this OT question but I hope to be able to get a hint here.
>
> I've ported KStereo to KDE 2.x (using KDevelop) and now want to share
> it.
> At the moment I hacked a quick and dirty webpage for the first beta
> version at
> http://www.inf.hs-zigr.de/~moppel/programs
>
> But I don't know for how much longer I'll have access to that space.
>
> So were would be the best place to announce it and to put it?
> I usually go to  http://apps.kde.org to check for (knew) programs.
>
> KCorrMeter, as I called it now, it's too small for it's own webpage,
> I'm not sure about sourceforge either.
>
> Is there some "standard" procedure to follow?
> Any hints are welcome.

Yes. ftp://upload.kde.org is the place. Put it into incoming, then it
will appear on ftp.kde.org.
You might notice Andreas Pour then, he will grab it from ftp.kde.org and
put it on apps.kde.com

Ralf

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org