Kdevelop wishlist

Chris Maden chris_maden at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:50:32 GMT 2001

Hi,

Perhaps this shouldn't quite be on the wishlist, but I'm stuck.

The basic question I have is how do I add support for non-C non-C++ files to
KDevelop.

The first question is: how do I make make aware of them? (i've looked at
Makefile.am, but I can't work out how it fits together, nor can I find the
documentation for it.)

Second, is there any easy way of making KDevelop kind of aware of the files?

Here are the specifics: I am using C++ to access an ORACLE database. The way
ORACLE deals with this is that you embed their statements (SQL) in a C++
program (with the extension .pc). You then run this through a pre-compiler,
which replaces these with 'C' function calls, to produce a C++ file. From
there on, it's as usual.

At the moment we are getting by with editing the .pc files outside KDevelop,
and then compiling/linking with the other source code inside KDevelop. It
works, but it ain't nice.

Any pointers / etc gratefully received. At the moment the makefile is the
main worry,

Thanks,

Chris Maden