Troubleshooting with including external librairies

Heiko Leberer Heiko_Leberer at non.agilent.com
Tue Mar 13 11:22:09 GMT 2001

> Stéphane EVEILLARD wrote:
>
> I try to link my project with others librairies (in my case libpq++.h)
> and get the following result :
>
> gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `-I/usr/include/pgsql/libpq++.h',
> needed by `enregistrement'.
>
> Can somebody help me ??
>
> Thanks in advance

Hello Stephane, the -I option is not meant to directly address an
include file. It's used to define a search path in which include files
are looked for.

So, if you have a '#include "libpq++.h"' and the file location is
/usr/include/pgsql/libpq++.h, just use a -I/use/include/pgsql

An other possibility would be to use '#include "pgsql/libpq++.h"', since
/usr/include is in the standard search path.

Heiko