how to turn off -fno-exceptions in kdevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 14:51:11 GMT 2001

Wayne Innes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting severly pissed off that I can't turn of any compiler options. No
> matter how I configure my project I always get this if I have turned
> optimizations off
>
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.2.4/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include    -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic -W
> -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
> -Wnon-virtual-dtor -fno-builtin  -Wall -O0 -c setthedate.cpp
>
> When I do a distribution I get this
>
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt-2.2.4/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include    -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -pedantic -W
> -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long
> -Wnon-virtual-dtor -fno-builtin  -c setthedate.cpp
>
> >From twenty years of using c compilers and C++ compilers in later years, I
> know I need a lot of control over exactly what flags the compiler is going is
> going to use. This is especially true of optimization, where you often dont
> want it because of problems with the compiler when it starts optimizing. In
> the case of my project it crashes in some places with 02. The project doesn't
> need optimization, the difference between and optimization and no
> optimizations will be miniscule.
>
> It would be really, really nice if I could turn this crap off. We aren't
> MORONS, sometimes programmers actually know what they want and don't have to
> rely on IDE's etc deciding these sorts of things for us.
>
> If I am missing the obvious please enlighten me.
>
> PS apart from niggling problems like the above I am very impressed.

This setting is from the /admin dir the templates use as well as all of
KDE does. I send this to Stephan Kulow as well because he's the one
taking care of the admin dir and will give you a clearer answer than I
can do.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org