how to turn off -fno-exceptions in kdevelop

W. Tasin Walter.Tasin at t-online.de
Sat Mar 10 14:37:47 GMT 2001

>On Saturday 10 March 2001 00:41 you wrote:
>> i opened up the kdevelop project file and edited some source, then when i
>> tried to compile it gives g++ -fno-exceptions.  how do i turn this off?
>> thanks for the help,
>> christopher
>>

>Put this into yourproject/yourproject/Makefile.am
>
>CXXFLAGS=-fexceptions
>

>--
>Marcus Gruendler
>eMail: runner at tamalin.de
>WWW  : http://www.tamalin.de/runner/index.html

Hi,

please have a look at FAQ file inside kdevelop-1.x sources.
If you are creating a project which uses automake/autoconf stuff of the KDE guys you should follow this:

If you want to set this flag only for a subdirectory of your project please insert

KDE_CXXFLAGS=$(USE_EXCEPTIONS)

to the Makefile.am of this project subdirectory.

----

If you want to set this flag for the complete project, so there are two cases:

1) for a automake/autoconf "old"-project (means you have NO admin directory which contains the automake stuff):

===== from FAQ file:
Q: I´m developing an application which needs exception handling.
   How can I make it?
A: Edit the file configure.in in your toplevel source directory. Here, you
   have to enter after the AC_CHECK_COMPILERS() macro:
     CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS $USE_EXCEPTIONS"
   and after that you have to recreate your new "configure" by invoking
   "make -f Makefile.dist" at the toplevel source directory and then restart
   the configure script
   (or inside KDevelop by using "Build/Autoconf and Automake" and "Build/Configure...").

----

2) for a automake/autoconf "new"-project (means a project with admin/):

Edit your configure.in.in and add CXXFLAGS=..... at the end of the file
(please take care that this file ends with a newline)

====
#MIN_CONFIG

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(kdev2_parser,0.1)

CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS $USE_EXCEPTIONS"

I think this would be the clean method to add the flag.

The FAQ-file shows you some examples and tries to explain the stuff a little bit.

Ciao

Walter