KDevelop 3.0 regarding admin/

Omid Givi omid at givi.nl
Tue Mar 6 09:44:55 GMT 2001

Hi Roland,

> Roland Krause [rokrau at yahoo.com] Wrote:

> a quick question. Does the development version compile against KDE-2.1
> or do I need a HEAD version of KDE also?

Yes it does. KDevelop 3.0 compiles with KDE >= 2.0.1. So if you have the
libs installed, you can compile it.

> I tried it today but the compile requires kde-common/admin to be
> around, that is somewhat new isnt it.
>
> Roland

For generation of the Makefiles you need some scripts which are available
for instance in kde-common/admin. If your using anonymous cvs (cvsup) or
decompressing the snapshots, you need to make copy of the admin directory
mentioned to kdevelop directory or just make a sym-link to it:

kdevelop/admin -> ../kde-common/admin

Then it should work! ;-)

Regards,
OmiD