KDevelop Roadmap 2001

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Mar 2 21:59:08 GMT 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Ralf,
> thanks for the effort of putting this together. I would like to add a
> few things and volunteer for certain tasks.

Thanks Roland,

I've read over your mails since you started contributing and I first
thought you were ranting a bit, but I am *very* pleasantly surprised
with your efforts and I'd like to welcome you in the name of all core
developers that you want to join in. I think your goals will require you
to have CVS access sooner or later but that depends on how much you're
going into it. In any case, if you really feel that is needed please
contact stephan Kulow (coolo at kde.org) for CVS write access.

The second thing is about glimpse. I liked glimpse years back when we
had that as the first solution. The reason it isn't that much supported
is that it isn't free for non-commercial use and thus not shipped with
distributions any more. We're spreading the most of our code through the
linux distributions, so this is kind of contraproductive to require the
user to get a glimpse license or however that works to hassle with their
system. If you put that in place however, I would say do that as the
last thing on your task list and make it optional and not the default.

The story about theKompany is everybody knows my personal opinion about
them as well so I won't repeat it here :-))

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org